User Manual / Weather Routing tool / Interaction
While you are in the weather routing tool, clicks in the main window will interact
with the tool in a variety of ways.
As with all other tools in the application, there are two view modifiers
- holding down the command key while clicking and dragging will pan the map.
- holding down the option key while clicking and dragging up and down will zoom the map.
Aside from those view modifiers, all other clicks in the window will have
different behavior, depending on what you click on:
- a click on the start point or target point allows it to be dragged around.
- a click on the selected solution path will change the GRIB time to the time
the vessel would be at the point you indicated.
- a click & drag on the selected solution path modifies the GRIB time according
to where the cursor is. This can be used to easily evaluate the GRIB weather along
- a click on an unselected path will select it.
When a solution path is selected, the system performs several actions:
- if the wind GRIB file for that path is not currently selected, then it is made active.
- the wind field, and possibly pressure field, for the path is displayed. This helps
when working with ensemble and probability wind files. Also, if solutions are being
generated for wind and wind gust, then selecting the different paths will update the
GRIB display to show the proper field.
- the path is drawn in its highlight color.
- all of the draw properties enabled in the system are drawn for the path (isochrones,
- the proper analysis image is displayed.
- the text information is updated to reflect the selection.
In addition to the interactions above, there are a variety of menus that
can appear. The menu content will vary according to what is clicked on and
what is currently selected. The menus are described in their own
LuckGrib Weather Routing is currently only available on macOS. Support for iOS and iPadOS is under development.