User Manual | Running the solver
This is the heart of the system, the weather router solver.
The solver operates with the vessel selected in the configuration area of
the tool, in the sidebar. You can create multiple vessels, each with their
own set of settings and create solutions for all of them (one at a time.)
Each time you run the solver, the system will:
- disable the Solve button.
- clear any existing weather routing solutions for the vessel selected.
- generate a set of solution definitions for the vessel. The number of solution
definitions depends, according to the vessel settings. For example:
- if the vessel is set to use all available wind fields, one solution will be
generated for each wind field present. This is as simple as one for wind and
one for wind gust, all the way to one for each of the 22 wind fields in a
full GEFS ensemble file.
- if the vessel is setup to generate many different departures, these definitions
- if the vessel is a sailboat which can also motor, and the variation to try
both a mixed sailing/motoring solution and a pure sailing solution is turned
on, then both definitions are generated.
- all of the generated definitions are submitted to the weather router solver queue
- the definitions are processed, one by one. Feedback is provided for how many
definitions are remaining.
- when all submitted definitions are complete, the Solve button is reenabled
and you can modify the settings and run it again.
If you want to halt the system if it is currently solving a set of solutions,
you can press the Clear all button. This will clear all of the existing
solutions, clear the solver queue and halt its work on the definition it is
If the Solve button is disabled, there should be an associated message
that indicates if there is some information missing from the system before
it will be enabled.