User Manual | Vessels | Introduction
The vessel is an important concept in LuckGrib weather routing. Each vessel
created has its own, independent set of:
- weather routing settings.
- weather routing solutions.
- position reports (or track.)
- route that it is following.
By creating more than one vessel, you can:
- generate weather routes for companion boats, to track their progress forward.
- experiment with alternate scenarios using the weather router solver.
- simultaneously display weather routes comparing different scenarios.
You need at least one vessel in order to use weather routing.