User Manual / Vessels / Introduction
The vessel is an important concept in LuckGrib weather routing. Each vessel
created has its own, independent set of:
- weather routing settings.
- weather routing solutions.
- position reports (or track.)
- route that it is following.
By creating more than one vessel, you can:
- generate weather routes for companion boats, to track their progress forward.
- experiment with alternate scenarios using the weather router solver.
- simultaneously display weather routes comparing different scenarios.
You need at least one vessel in order to use weather routing.
LuckGrib Weather Routing is currently only available on macOS. Support for iOS and iPadOS is under development.